As you may have heard, the 2021 bike season is going to be very unique. The industry and supply chain continues to struggle with increased demand for safe outdoor activities.
How do I buy a bike?
- Our inventory of bicycles is all live on our website. If it's not showing, it is sold out or has not arrived.
- All of our bikes will appear online first, before arriving in the store for presentation. In the vast majority of cases, bikes have been selling online before they make it to the storefront for viewing.
- Our inventory of 2021 Giant, Liv and Specialized bikes will arrive gradually throughout 2021 and into 2022 (delays extend beyond the summer).
- If a bike you want is in stock on our website, you should strongly consider buying it. It probably won't be there the next day.
Covid Safety Measures
- Shopping online provides the safest shopping experience. Some bicycle shops are choosing to sell only in-store. We love to talk bikes, and love interacting with our customers - we long for normal times. In the meantime, we continue to recommend online shopping as much as possible.
Can I reserve or hold a bike?
- No, we are not pre-selling bikes or taking deposits or holds for bikes.
No?... Why not?
- At the moment, there is just too much uncertainty surrounding the delivery schedules for us to comfortably take payments for bikes that, in some cases, may not arrive in time for this cycling season.
Is there a waitlist?
- We do not have a waitlist; however, we are taking names. You may provide us your name and email address and up to two bikes of interest (model and size), and we will notify you by email if that bike is expected to arrive soon.
- This is not a priority notification - all interested customers will receive the email at the same time.
- If you need help picking a model please email, call, or visit the storefront.
Can I test ride a bike to make sure it fits?
- For any bikes displayed in store, test rides will not be available until the streets have been swept by the City of Ottawa (this is the same every year).
What if I buy online and the bike doesn't fit?
- Sizing guides from our vendors are very accurate. Giant and Specialized brand sites have size guides on each bicycle product page.
- Of course, we have experience staff who can recommend adjustments as needed. Once the bicycle is assembled and on the day of pickup, we will offer a full refund if it is not the correct size. Due to supply issues, we cannot offer or guarantee a substitute size will be available. The full refund option will not be available once the bicycle is taken home, if there is wear and tear.
Why don't you answer your phone!?
- Fresh Air Experience is small, main street, neighborhood shop. Our square footage isn't so big. Keeping enough space to social distance at work is more important than stuffing the store with staff to answer the phone. We are happy with the decision, and it has kept our workplace safer so far.
- With the staff on hand, we are doing our best to answer the phones. Demand is at an all-time high. Often all three lines are in use, or the headsets are all in use with outbound calls. Please be patient with us.